Trip & Tour Policies:
· Our travel policy will incorporate call in, mail in, and walk in reservations. The center will utilize a first pay, first go, method for registration. Phone and walk in reservations DO NOT guarantee a spot on a trip. Participants who call in and request to be signed up on a trip but are unpaid are simply considered to be
on an interest list. When participant’s money has been received and a receipt has been issued, then
and only then is a person considered to be a registered participant of the trip and their spot guaranteed.
· Interest sign ups and paid registration will be done at the Hillyard Senior Center office (4001
N. Cook 482-0803). Monthly sign up for all trips will be taken at 8:30 am on the 1st working day following the receipt of the newsletter.
(sorry we cannot control the order in which everyone receives their mail).
· Participants living outside of the normal van pickup boundaries (North to Weile, East to Freya, West to Division, and South
to Indiana) will be considered for a trip home pick-up on a individual basis depending on the trip’s destination.
· Non members of the Hillyard
Senior Center will be allowed to participate in one trip prior to becoming a member.
· Hillyard Senior Center will issue a credit for a trip cancellation, if a cancellation is made at least 5 working
days prior to the trip, the credit may be used for a trip at a later date. Note: Non-refundable deposits may apply to overnight trips & tours.
· Individuals requesting a home pick-up and return
delivery for a travel trip excursion should add an additional $3.00 to the advertised price of the trip for which they are signing up for.
· NOTE: Registration and participation in a travel trip
is considered to be a voluntary acceptance of liability, and participants shall not hold HSC, it's staff, or management responsible
for any participants own negligence.